Rangers Press Release
Rangers host Tigers and Twins during six-game homestand beginning Tuesday
Rangers to honor TCU's baseball team prior to Wednesday's game
Arlington, Texas-The Texas Rangers will host a pair of teams from the A.L. Central Division, the Detroit Tigers and Minnesota Twins during a six-game homestand that begins, tomorrow, Tuesday, June 24.
The Rangers and the defending A.L. Central champion Tigers open the homestand with 7:05 p.m. games on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, June 24, 25, and 26. The middle game of the series is Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday and Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under.
In addition, on Wednesday night, the Rangers will honor TCU's 2014 baseball team that advanced to the College World Series in Omaha. Head coach Jim Schlossnagle and other members of the Horned Frogs baseball squad, which finished with a 48-18 record and won the Big 12 Conference Post-Season Tournament and both the NCAA Fort Worth Regional and Fort Worth Supper Regional, will be recognized on-field prior to the game. TCU went 1-2 in the College World Series.
June 25 is also TCU University Night and discounted tickets for TCU students and alumni are still available for the game at www.texasrangers.com/tcu. The promotion includes reduced ticket prices; a limited edition Texas Rangers cap in TCU purple for the first 1,000 fans that purchase the special tickets; and recognition of TCU on FOX Sports Southwest's live game broadcast. Horned Frogs Head Football Coach Gary Patterson is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch on Wednesday for TCU night.
On Thursday, the first 25,000 fans entering the park will receive an MLB Network Reusable Bag.
The Twins will be at Globe Life Park for games on Friday, June 27 (7:05 p.m.), Saturday, June 28 (3:05 p.m.), and Sunday, June 29 (2:05 p.m.). On Friday, the first 10,000 youngsters, 13 and under, get a Globe Life Elvis Andrus Batting Practice Jersey. There will also be an on-field induction ceremony for new members of the United States Air Force prior to the game. Sunday is a Tickets.com Adrian Beltre Plastic Bat giveaway for the first 10,000 fans, 13 and under.
Tickets for the upcoming homestand and all 2014 home games can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Tuesday, June 24 vs. Detroit Tigers - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
· Ozarka Online Ticket Tuesday
· National Anthem performed by Jordan Whitmer
Wednesday, June 25 vs. Detroit Tigers - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
· Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday
· Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under
· TCU Night with pre-game recognition of Horned Frogs College World Series Baseball Team
· Ceremonial first pitch by TCU Head Football Coach Gary Patterson
· National Anthem performed by the Briathar Boys
Thursday, June 26 vs. Detroit Tigers - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
· MLB Network Reusable Bag to first 25,000 fans
· National Anthem performed by Oklahoma Christian
Friday, June 27 vs. Minnesota Twins - 7:05 p.m. - TXA 21-HD
· Globe Life Elvis Andrus Kids Batting Practice Jersey to first 10,000 fans, 13 and under
· Air Force Induction Ceremony pre-game
· National Anthem performed by Tsgt, Lane McCray, United States Air Force
Saturday, June 28 vs. Minnesota Twins - 3:05 p.m. - FS1-HD
· KIA Long Ball Section (all fans seated in a designated outfield section will receive a Long Ball Section T-Shirt, Cheer Card, and KIA coupons)
· National Anthem performed by Rush Creek Christian Church
Sunday, June 29 vs. Minnesota Twins - 2:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD Gates open at 12:30
· Tickets.com Adrian Beltre Plastic Bat to first 10,000 fans, 13 and under
· Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and under)
· National Anthem and God Bless America performed by Strikeout Kings
· Chevy Kids Take the Field pre-game
· Run the Bases post-game