• Rob Leary begins his second season as bench coach under manager Mike Redmond. Leary previously served with the Marlins from 1995-2001. Was Marlins' Minor League catching instructor (1995-96), Minor League field coordinator (1997-98), Director of Field Operations (1999-2000) and Major League Advance Scout (2001).
• Spent 2012 as Cleveland's field coordinator and organization catching coordinator.
• Prior to time with Indians, spent two years as Major League coaching staff assistant for the Boston Red Sox in 2010-11. Duties included organizing Spring Training workouts, helping coaching staff in all pre-game on-field preparations, assisting in advance scouting effort, as well as completing special in-game assignments.
• Joined Boston's system as a roving Minor League catching instructor in 2002. Promoted to Minor League field coordinator for 2003 campaign and served in that capacity through 2009. In 2005, received the Club's Edward F. Kenney Player Development Award, recognizing the dedication, success and work ethics of Red Sox Baseball Operations personnel.
• Served as a player/ coach with Montreal's Class A Rockford club in 1990 and managed Rockford from 1991-92. Was at the helm of Class A West Palm Beach in 1993-94. Compiled an overall managerial record of 282-258 (.522).
• Was eighth-round selection of Dodgers in 1983, but did not sign.
• Selected by Expos in 12th round of 1986 First-Year Player Draft.
• Spent five Minor League seasons as a catcher in Montreal's organization.
• Played at each level in the Expos' system, finishing at Triple-A Indianapolis in 1990.
Robert James Leary, III...married to Candace, and couple has two sons: Connor (11/3/00) and Dawson (7/31/03)...is a 1982 graduate of Serra High School in San Mateo, Calif., where he played baseball and football...earned a bachelor's degree from Louisiana State University after attending College of San Mateo (JC) for two years...was an Honorable Mention All-American his senior year, helping lead LSU to their first-ever College World Series appearance.